Water Missions Tanzania (WMT) is a Christian engineering ministry. Our mission is to provide access to safe water and opportunity to hear the good news of eternal salvation through Jesus Christ. As with all positions in the organization, this position is as much a calling as it is a job. The person in this position must feel a clear calling from God and a heartfelt passion for our mission.
Position: Community Development Officer
Location: Dar es Saalam with frequent travels to the field
- Training TOT on WASH using a provided curriculum.
- Teaching WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in schools and empowering teachers and administrators to carry out the same.
- Resolving issues in communities that threaten the success of the project.
- Project reporting including taking photographs, recording testimonials, water quality testing, and monitoring projects and assessments.
- Providing support to the communities in activities such as helping set up the Safe Water Committee, microfinance development, water users registration.
- Developing WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) curriculum.
- Uploading standard forms to the reporting database.
- Coordinating donor visits/trips including taking them to the project sites.
- Community Mobilization and carrying out site assessments for all new requests;
- A Christian with thorough understanding of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
- Consistent lifestyle and behavior that bears a good witness to the Christian faith.
- A level of impeccable integrity and stewardship that demonstrates to those who invest in WMT a sense of security and trust that their gifts are well used and invested
- A minimum of Diploma in Community Development or social work.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to drive.
- Must be standards and detail- oriented with ability to plan ahead.
- Willingness to travel to remote places and to work in other WM offices outside Tanzania.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should Email their applications and attach a copy of current CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well expected Net Salary and names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com by 22th of February. Please Title your email: Application – Community Development Facilitator.