The Financial Times Editorial department is opening its doors to four outstanding new trainees in 2016. The FT graduate trainee programme is designed to recruit and train entry-level journalists – developing talented individuals who have the aptitude to forge a career in a fast-paced global editorial team. Alumni of this scheme are well represented in the senior staff of the FT and news organisations around the world.
This year we are running two trainee schemes. You may only apply for one of the following options:
- News reporter – applicants who have strong research and writing skills and a demonstrable interest in journalism.
- Data journalist – applicants who have skills in a relevant field such as information design, statistics, cartography or web development and a demonstrable interest in applying these to journalism – i.e. telling a story through data.
- Applicants in their final year of studies, recent graduates or post-graduates in any discipline may apply.
- Or, anyone who can demonstrate the requisite skills to fulfil the criteria for the scheme.
- This scheme is not for professional journalists or anyone who has started training courses with other media organisations.
- Visas may be a consideration for applicants who are not EU citizens or do not hold UK work authorisation
- We encourage international applications
Other Things to know
- The Financial Times welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. We employ people solely on the basis of their abilities.
Deadline: January 17, 2016
To apply and for more information visit here