APPLY: Junior Professional Officer (JPO) /Associate Expert (AE) Programme
The Junior Professional Officer (JPO) /Associate Expert (AE) Programme provides the opportunity for young university graduates and young qualified professionals to acquire training and work experience in technical cooperation and in management and administration of multilateral programmes and projects either within UNESCO’s Field Offices or at Headquarters. JPO/AEs are recruited under bilateral agreements between UNESCO and the donor countries, generally for a duration of 2 to 3 years.
- Candidates are normally under the age of thirty-two when applying for an JPO/AE position.
- A University degree in education, culture, science, social and human sciences or communication, or in a field of direct relevance to the management and administration of an international organization.
- Fluent English or French and a good knowledge of the other working language. Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Spanish or Russian is an additional asset.
- An initial professional experience is an asset, but is not mandatory.
- Candidates for the JPO/AE Programme are normally nationals of the Donor country funding their assignment to UNESCO.
- Applicants from developing countries may also be considered by certain Donor Governments.
- Integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity and a strong commitment to the UNESCO mission.
To apply and for more information visit here.