The African Youth Movement (AYM) is a pan-Africanist action-oriented, social movement that strives for the development, active participation and leadership of African youth in the fight for social justice.
• Our Vision:
We aspire to establish a firm foundation and vibrant platforms of dialogue for African youth to transform Africa, to be the place where youth are able to achieve their rights to social justice and lead as primary actors across the continent.
• Our Mission:
We are committed to utilizing our tenacity, capacity, and potentials at all levels, to empower, develop, connect –online and offline- and collaboratively create sustainable solutions across Africa.
The AYM is looking for dedicated young Africans( Females ONLY) everywhere for the missing positions in the committees below:
• Committee on Peace and security: Applications open for *French Speaking Facilitator and *Arabic Speaking Facilitator
• Committee on Gender Equality: Applications open for *Arabic Speaking Facilitator
• Committee on Technology and Innovation: Applications open for *Arabic Speaking Facilitator
• Committee on Health: Applications open for *English Speaking Facilitator and *Arabic Speaking Facilitator
• Committee on Employment and entrepreneurship: Applications open for *Arabic Speaking Facilitator
• Committee on African Union Affairs and Regional Coordination: Applications open for *Arabic Speaking Facilitator
The main purpose of these Committees is to:
*Widely open the discussion (online) on key issues related to each committee focus
*Engage African youth in discussing challenges but also finding solutions
*Issue regular recommendations to be used for lobbying and advocacy at the national governments level as well as the African Union and United Nations level.
*Identify key events and seminars on the main focus of each committee to ensure AYM members and African youth representation
`Candidates for all the positions of the committee :
• Must be aged 18-35 years old
• Must be originally African national but can be resident in any country worldwide.
• Must be committed to AYM’s vision,goals and values.
• Must be willing to dedicate quality time to lead the committee discussions and deliver the outcomes within the deadlines
• Must have passion, interest and expertise in the areas that advance the committee’s mandate.
• Must be willing to serve and attend regularly online meetings /discussions initiated by the committee.
An attendance level of at least 80% is required per month.
• Must have regular and reliable internet connection
• Must be able to use Google Hangout and other social media channels
• Must work positively, cooperatively and respectfully as a member of AYM
`Roles and Responsibilities
Facilitators are responsible for:
• Moderating at least one Google Hangout (Live Broadcasting) discussion per month
• Delivering minutes of each session to the committee chair within 24hours as well as reports and recommendations on agreed deadlines
• Finding panelists and Inviting guest speakers (experts, activists…) to share on subject topics at hangouts
• Engaging AYM members and other Africans in the discussion
=> Facilitators should be flexible to have more responsibilities beside the ones listed above.
To apply for these positions, please submit the online application below and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications sending more than what is required (CV and online form) will not be considered. Applications missing required documents or/and sent after the deadline will not be considered as well. *Please write on the subject of the email the committee name and Position you are applying for
=> If you are shortlisted, you may be asked to be interviewed if needed. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is January 2nd, 2015, 23.00 GMT