Deadline: 30 January 2015
Open to: Young people aged 18-25 interested in agriculture, food security, environmental and social stewardship from selected countries
Venue: 24-28 August 2015, Canberra, Australia
By 2050, there will be 9 billion hungry people in the world and less farmland and resources than there’s ever been. The solutions are keenly debated both in rural and urban society. There is a need for young leaders to be engaged in finding sustainable agricultural solutions to the growing global need for safe, nutritious food. On August 24-28, 2015 in Canberra, Australia, 100 young leaders from around the world will gather at the Global Youth Ag-Summit to discuss ideas, develop a vision and deliver action.
The 2015 Youth Ag-Summit will be an unique opportunity for young leaders from around the world to hear from global opinion leaders, create a vision and deliver actions to “Feed a Hungry Planet”.
- be not younger than 18 or over 25 years of age as of 24 August 2015
- be legally able to travel internationally, holding a valid passport, with at least six months validity after August 20, 2015.
- have proficient level of English/able to communicate orally in English
- be comfortable with cultural diversity
- have strong leadership qualities
- some public speaking skills would be an asset
- have a demonstrated passion for agriculture, environmental stewardship, food, world hunger, biotechnology, and/or farming
Eligible countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, PR China, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA, Vietnam.
Bayer will pay for economy airfare from the participant’s permanent address as listed on the Essay Cover Sheet to the Canberra venue, as well as for accommodations and meals providedat the Summit and travel insurance for the Summit. Bayer may reimburse visa fees, where applicable, on presentation of receipts.
Application deadline is 30 January 2015.
To apply, submit an essay outlining your ideas on the causes, impacts and possible solutions to global food security. Your ability to demonstrate your original ideas and your passion will be the key selection criteria for the Youth Ag-Summit. Essays of 1,500 word (maximum) are to be submitted online HERE.