Deadline: 5 November 2014
Open to: representatives of youth organizations from Europe and Africa
Venue: 25 January – 1 February 2015 in Nairobi, Kenya
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe is organizing the 10th Africa-Europe Training Course for Youth Organizations, which will take place in Nairobi-Kenya, from 25th January to 1st February 2015. The training course will gather 20 youth workers from Europe and Africa and is organised in partnership with the European Youth Forum, the Pan African Youth Union and the Network of International Youth organizations in Africa.
The training course aims to:
- strengthen the role of youth organizations as civil society actors and enable youth to organize and take action;
- reinforce its political participation in Africa-Europe co-operation;
- promote the global citizenship of young people in Europe and Africa.
The course will also provide an excellent space for strategic networking, finding partners and promoting intercultural dialogue and learning; these dimensions will be encouraged by the team of trainers.
This course is targeted to representatives of youth organisations in Europe and Africa who need to meet the following criteria:
- Be between 18-30 years old;
- Be a key multiplier playing an active role within a youth organisation, network or service at national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- Have already some qualification or experience in terms of international youth work;
- Be committed to attend the full duration of the course and be supported by a youth organisation or service;
- Be able to present the context of their work, their way of tackling problems, the challenges they meet;
- Be able to work and communicate in English/French.
The North-South Centre will cover travel expenses, accommodation and meals. It is expected that participants/background organization support the expenses related with local transport in the home country, as well as visa and necessary vaccination costs.
In order to apply you must submit the application form and a recommendation letter from your organisation (scan version) by email to: email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is 5 November 2014. Selected candidates will be announced by 24th November 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.