Application Deadline: January 31st 2015
What’s your vision on how to feed a growing world population?
On August 24-28, 2015, young leaders from around the world will gather at the Global Youth Ag-Summit to discuss ideas, develop a vision and deliver action. If you’re 18-25 and care about our planet’s future, you should be part of this. Send us your thoughts and we might send you to Canberra, Australia to share them with 100 other bright young minds and leaders.
- As of 24 August 2015, participant must be a legal adult in the participant’s home county and not younger than 18 or over 25 years of age
- Legally able to travel internationally.
- Holding a valid passport, with at least six months validity after August 20, 2015.
- Participant is solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents to travel to and from his or her home country.
- Proficient level of English/able to communicate orally in English
- Comfortable with cultural diversity
- Have strong leadership qualities
- Some public speaking skills would be an asset
- Have a demonstrated passion for agriculture, environmental stewardship, food, world hunger,biotechnology, and/or farming
- NOT an employee of a Bayer entity or direct family member (e.g. spouse, son or daughter) or
- live in the same household of a Bayer employee, consultant or Essay Selection Committee member.
- NOT a previous delegate to the 2013 YAS
- In the next 40 years, it is projected that the world population will grow from 7 to about 9 billion, yet for many different reasons, 1 billion people today still do not have enough safe and nutritious food to eat. Demand is rising while resources are dwindling. Solutions are strongly debated across rural, urban and international communities.
- Using your own village, town, city or country as your point of reference, tell us what you think are the underlying causes of food insecurity, and the effect it can have on a population, both at a local and global level.
- Based on this, explain what changes to agricultural or food chain practices, or personal and community behaviors could help solve these issues to create a more sustainable local and global society.
- Payment of travel and accommodation expenses for the 2015 Youth Ag-Summit will be organized and paid in accordance with Bayer’sthen current travel policy for the Summit.
- Bayer will pay for economy airfare from the participant’s permanent address as listed on the Essay Cover Sheet to the Canberra venue, as well as for accommodations and meals provided at the Summit and travel insurance for the Summit.
- Delegates are responsible for incidental room costs (minibar, movies etc.) as well as any additional travel expenses incurred.
- Bayer may reimburse visa fees, where applicable, on presentation of receipts
- A traditional essay format structure
- Essay length must not exceed 1500 words. No minimum.
- It must be typed and written in English
- Application entry start date: October 2, 2014
- Application closing time/date: 12 midnight, January 31, 2015 Samoan Standard time ( GMT-11)
- Successful applicants notified: February 28, 2015
- Formal acceptance by successful applicants: March 20, 2015
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: March 31, 2015
- Successful applicants announced: After April 15, 2015
For More Information: