Application: Deadline: November 17 2014
The LDI Africa Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP) provides hands-on service opportunities for young business and development professionals from around the world at Africa’s leading for-profit and nonprofit firms. It is designed to match financial capital invested in emerging African businesses with the human capital needed to take these institutions to scale.
Who are Emerging Institution Fellows?
Fellows come to the EIFP with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills set. At a minimum, all fellows are required to have an undergraduate degree, a commitment to excellence, be 35 years or less and be fluent in English. Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience
- MBA candidate or early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
- Interest in building a career in Africa after the fellowship
Benefits of Emerging Institutions Fellows
LDI Africa through its EIFP recruits organizations that are doing excellent work particularly in the financial and investment industries across Africa. Partners range from mid-level to large global institutions; with capital investment of $200,000 and above. While working with their organization, Fellows enjoy the following benefits and more;
- Experience the growth of Africa’s most innovative businesses
- Exposure to emerging markets
- Paid positions, housing and travel
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Potential consulting, employment and seed capital investment after fellowship
- Entry into the global LDI Africa network
- Oct 1, 2014: Applications open
- Nov 17, 2014: Applications close
- Nov 18, 2014 – Nov 25, 2014: LDI Africa conducts internal vetting
- Dec 1, 2014 – Dec 7, 2014: LDI Africa conducts preliminary applicant interviews
- Dec 10, 2014: Host organizations are sent shortlisted applicants
- Dec 14, 2014 – Jan 9, 2015: Host organizations interview shortlisted applicants
- Jan 11, 2015 – Jan 16, 2015: Host organizations return signed contracts of selected Fellows
- Jan 19, 2015 : Fellows secure travel, insurance, and visas
- Jan 26, 2015 – Jan 27, 2015: Fellow orientation
- Jan 29, 2015 – Jan 30, 2015 : Host organizations orientation
- Feb 2, 2015: Fellows on the ground/begin their assignments
1. Apply: Send an email with your resume, a cover letter and two (2) letters of recommendation to email@example.com
2. Letters of Recommendation: LDI Africa requires two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success an LDI Africa Fellow.
3. Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Phone interviews will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host organizations will make their final recommendations to LDI Africa and LDI Africa will notify the selected candidates.
Download the LDI Africa Emerging Institution Fellowship Program
For More Information: