The U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam announces the opening of the 2016 Diversity Visa program (DV-2016). We invite interested and qualified Tanzanians to apply for this immigration program before November 3, 2014!
Please review the full instructions at our Department of State Consular Affairs’ web site, www.dvlottery.state.gov. The entry submission period for DV-2016 is open now through 12 p.m. EDT on November 3, 2014. You can only submit one entry during this time period and only online. Entries will NOT be accepted through the mail or via courier.
Please note the following important information:
- There is no fee to submit the online application. Please do not send, pay, or transfer money to any organization or person who offers to assist you or increase your chance of winning the lottery.
- If you win the lottery, you pay for the visa application only at the U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam at the time of the visa interview. If anyone requests money to help you enter the lottery, please contact us.
- Selection of the application through the lottery does not guarantee issuance of a visa. If you win the lottery, you will still need an interview appointment and to see if you meet the requirements of U.S. immigration law.
- You can only include your immediate family (spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21) in your Diversity Visa application. If you add other people, your visa will be refused. If someone asks you to list other people on your application, please contact us. You do not have to give your name.
- List all your immediate family members on your application, even if they do not wish to emigrate. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and refusal of all visas in your case at the time of the visa interview.
- If you have additional questions, please email them at DRSIV@state.gov or call +255 22-229-4122 any Mon – Thurs between 2 and 4 p.m. You can also visit their website: http://tanzania.usembassy.gov.