Deadline: September 30, 2014
The Government of the Czech Republic is inviting scholarship applications from the individuals of developing countries under its Government Scholarships for foreign nationals.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
- Applicants can be any foreign national except for the citizens of the Czech Republic, citizens of a member state of the European Union, and any other foreign nationals with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by 1 September 2014 to be considered for the scholarships.
- For Bachelor’s and Master’s study program, the applicants must have completed full secondary general education or full secondary vocational education corresponding to secondary education with a school-leaving examination (‘maturitní zkouška’ in Czech) in the CR.
- For Master’s study program, the applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s study program.
- For Doctoral study program, the applicants must have completed a Master’s study program.
- For the courses to be pursued in English language, applicants must have good command of English. The applicant will sit for an online entrance English language test in the course of her/his application submission.
- Applications can be submitted in any of the following languages – Czech, English, Russian, French, and Spanish.